Jeff Chapple — Media Generalist
801-209-8253 · Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Entrepreneurial, innovative executive with extensive lighting, 3D, and video design experience within highly competitive markets. Analytical leader skilled in 3D modeling, graphic design, content management, editing, dynamic simulation, and small venue lighting design. Flexible and adaptable with exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities to foster change, incorporate innovation, and implement strategies throughout all levels of the organization.
Areas of Expertise include:
|• Video Effects||• Brand Management||• Custom Content|
|• Lighting Design & Management||• Corporate Graphic Design||• Project Management|
|• 3D Modelling||• Dynamic Simulation||• Special Event Management|
QUATUM SPACE INSTITUTE · 11/2007 – Present
Research Assistant, Editor: Web, Graphic, and Video Design
- Spearhead the design, maintenance, and updates of Einstein’s Intuition website. Responsible for all graphic content as well as proof reading, editing, research and critique.
- Provide Production Management Services for video shoots and video content creation, from design and creation, to editing and VFX, through the completed project.
JCD · Salt Lake City, UT · 11/2012 – Present
Freelancer: lighting, editing, video effects, and graphic design
- Direct various projects in the areas of corporate graphic design and direction, content and editing, video effects, special event management, physical dynamic simulation, programming, and maintenance.
- Clients include: Sky West Airlines, Cricket Wireless, Geneva Steel, Adobe Systems, JanSport, Teva, Quantum Space Institute, B’Gawk Productions, and Crystal Canyon Interactive. Completed all projects within required timeline and within budget.
VAON LLC · Bowling Green, KY · 07/2014 – 12/2016
- Collaborated with a group of theorists and scientists in the materials science field to research and share new and interesting information and information sources.
- Executed the 3D modeling of physical systems and designed conceptual graphics and compelling presentations for those systems.
CLUB ELEVATE, THE HOTEL NIGHTCLUB · Salt Lake City, UT · 07/2008 – 11/2012
Lighting and Video Designer
- Responsible for stage and video management as well as corporate events. Created custom video content for a large multi-level nightclub and bar.
- Directed the day-to-day operations of the lighting department including operating, programming, and maintenance of lighting systems.
IN THE VENUE NIGHTCLUB · Salt Lake City, UT · 08/2008 – 04/2010
House Lighting Designer, House Electrician, Stage Manager
- Collaborated with touring bands and their lighting designers to program, interface, and install their systems.
- Designed, programmed, and managed lighting, special effects, and electrical systems as well as acted as set designer and stage manager for corporate events.
Education & Training
Bachelors of Science in Philosophy / Bachelors of Arts in Linguistics
University of Utah | Salt Lake City
Associate of Science, Computer Science
Salt Lake Community College | Salt Lake City